Wednesday, January 21, 2009

College Degree No Job Today

The reason that I’ve titled my blog “College Degree, No Job” is that in 2004 when I Googled that phrase I didn’t  get any career advice that seemed to apply to me.  When I searched the phrase today I got this “lots of references to the current downturn in our economy, but not much about the value of a bachelors degree in the New Economy.. 

There are a couple of crazy rants I’ve found, by bitter unhappy people that I choose not to share.  I don’t want to entice them to talk to me.  :p  Also, I’m really not interested in championing fighting the system.  To me, ‘the system’ is never the problem.  I’m a grassroots kind of girl.  If individuals choose to act differently then, lives will change.  I want to focus on practical information that can help individuals going through a crisis right now. 

But my question is this, is there even a crisis?  Was it just me and a few angry ranters? I know most people are vastly better off with some college, but maybe I’m missing something.

Thoughts?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment